We offer online resources for teachers, such as our:
– Online Natural History Exhibit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=MahoneBayMuseum&set=a.10158775924084030
– Online “Now & Then” Archival Exhibit of Local Buildings: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=MahoneBayMuseum&set=a.10157979722199030
– Online Oral History Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL16mljXOaNVhvfVwh_gUnHduSiNjWC8LL
– A new “Guess What It Is!” Online Exhibit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=MahoneBayMuseum&set=a.10159068987259030
– Online Exhibit of Artifacts in our Collection: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=MahoneBayMuseum&set=a.10155897266324030
– Additional videos we’ve created or saved to playlists on our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz-puBx5toj7PMIJr2RsYlg/playlists
We also offer on-site free school programs all year round! A donation is appreciated but not necessary. Please contact us and provide at least one week’s notice if possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 902-624-6263.
Our Activities can be adjusted based on the grade of your students, the topics/programs you would like us to include, and the amount of time available for your class trip.
Introduction to 1754 Settlement – map and transportation discussed
Farming/Gardening Vegetable Harvesting Activity – Outdoors
Fishing Activity – Outdoors or Indoors
Cork Boat Building Activity – while supplies last
Settler Card Game – Career choices – logger, shipbuilder, fisher, farmer
Nautical Flag Alphabet – Spell name with nautical flags – bracelet activity
Architecture I Spy – Walking tour outdoors
Draw a house on your lot – Local architecture features
Canada Day Themed Activities – Large Map Puzzle
For more information about one of the above programs, contact us!
For more resources on incorporating activities and crafts related to Mahone Bay history , visit our Pinterest Page: