To nominate someone for a Heritage Recognition Award, please read the following information and scroll down to submit the nomination directly here on our website or download the Heritage Award Nomination Form to print page 2 to complete it by hand.
The Mahone Bay Founders Society has established this Heritage Recognition Awards Program to acknowledge and honour individuals, groups, or projects, that have made an exceptional and lasting contribution to the conservation of heritage in Mahone Bay and area. More than one award may be given. These awards recognize efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- ADVOCACY of an individual or group to the preservation of a heritage site, increasing public awareness of heritage issues
- VOLUNTARY SERVICE by individuals or groups for their longstanding dedication to preserving heritage
- RESTORATION OR ADAPTIVE REUSE of a heritage building or structure
- INNOVATIVE TECHNIQUES of conservation and restoration methods in a heritage structure/traditional methods of construction included
- PUBLICATIONS, PUBLIC MEDIA OR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS that increase awareness of the Mahone Bay area’s people, boat building industry, and built heritage
- YOUTH AWARD recognizing research and development of a subject related to Mahone Bay and area through an academic program
Submit your nomination ONLINE below or download the Heritage Award Nomination Form and print page two of the form to submit to us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (PO Box 583, Mahone Bay, NS B0J 2E0).
You can also collect a printed nomination form at The Mahone Bay Town Hall or Mahone Bay Post Office.
Deadline to submit a nomination is February 28, 2019. Award recipients will be recognized at the Mahone Bay Founders Society Annual Heritage Awards Dinner in April 2019, exact date to be confirmed.
Nomination Submission Form
If you have any trouble submitting the form below, please email us at email@example.com