The Mahone Bay Founders Society has established this Heritage Recognition Awards Program to acknowledge and honour individuals, groups, or projects, that have made an exceptional and lasting contribution to the conservation of heritage in Mahone Bay and area. More than one award may be given. These awards recognize efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- ADVOCACY of an individual or group to the preservation of a heritage site, increasing public awareness of heritage issues
- VOLUNTARY SERVICE by individuals or groups for their longstanding dedication to preserving heritage
- RESTORATION OR ADAPTIVE REUSE of a heritage building or structure
- INNOVATIVE TECHNIQUES of conservation and restoration methods in a heritage structure/traditional methods of construction included
- PUBLICATIONS, PUBLIC MEDIA OR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS that increase awareness of the Mahone Bay area’s people, boat building industry, and built heritage
- YOUTH AWARD recognizing research and development of a subject related to Mahone Bay and area through an academic program
You can purchase tickets online by clicking here or at Kinburn Pharmasave. Tickets this year are priced at $30. Seats to the dinner are limited and last year sold out very quickly!
This year’s award recipients who will be recognized at the Mahone Bay Founders Society Annual Heritage Awards Dinner are:
- Calvary Temple
Restoration and Re-use of a Heritage Structure
Meg Craig and Justin Weins – “The Barn”
Adaptive Re-use of a Heritage Structure
- The Summer Troupe – Glimpses (2008-2017)
Increasing Awareness through Media:
Theatrical and Musical Performance
- Owen Kosiba
Youth Award: Heritage Fair Project “The 3 Churches”
Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations earlier this year! We had a hard time choosing from all the great nominees!
Nominations have now closed!
Submit your nomination below or click here to download and print a copy of the form. You can also collect a nomination form at The Mahone Bay Town Hall or Mahone Bay Post Office. Deadline is Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Award recipients will be recognized at the Mahone Bay Founders Society Annual Heritage Awards Dinner – date to be announced.
Nomination Submission Form